Glock 30 30rd Magazine - After a good break I am back to review. To start off the new year I think it's appropriate to give an account of the most suitable firearms. In April 2008 I bought my first pistol. When looking for my first concealed carry gun, my interest settled on the Glock 36. "We don't have anything" said the man behind the gun counter. Instead he reached down and picked up the same black pistol and placed it on the counter. I gripped the gun with both hands and pointed it at the ground as the front sight rotated into the rear U-notch. The grip of a double stack of magazines filled my palm and the balance was nothing short of natural. "That sounds good" I thought. This is the third generation Glock 30SF in the 45 Auto.

It's been over six years since I bought it and I still carry the Glock 30SF (G30) almost every day. I can confidently claim it's less than 300 days per year on my person. Not to leave the house or carry another gun for the next sixty-five days. But what about shooting? I have put about 2000 rounds of bullets in the pipe at the factory. I reloaded in 2009 and finished the year with 3,514 reloads. As of 11/19/2014 there were 14,830 reloads through the pistol, all 200 and 230 gr. The load is mostly 230g. Loads but some interesting statistics are in order. Split half and half between the two loads, I put an estimated 454 pounds of lead through the G30. I've gone through six recoil spring assemblies, three slide stops, and at least 8 pounds of smokeless powder. In short, I know a thing or two about the G30.

Glock 30 30rd Magazine

Glock 30 30rd Magazine

While my reviews usually provide background information and introduce you to the guns, this one will be an exception. There are countless reviews on Glocks and there isn't much I can add without beating a dead horse that has been beaten into a sausage several times. Instead I will focus on the pros and cons of the G30 as it relates to my experience.

Glock 48 Us

To start, let's get some cons out of the way. This is a block. If you want a less than ideal solution for your first concealed carry pistol, get the G30. I'm stubborn and I stuck it out because of this sort of thing. The pistol is not good. Given the vast array of calibers and designs currently offered I would give other pistols more consideration if buying again. You've probably heard the saying, "dress with a gun." With the G30 you better dress around the gun because it definitely won't tolerate the slim fit polo shirt and long pants that fit you. This is a type of pistol that demands a pant waist size 1" larger than regular leather and high quality for adequate back support.

And then give me some information about my carrying system. My first and only holster for the G30 is the Galco Royal Guard IWB in Horsehide. It has been nothing short of excellent and will definitely buy and purchase additional Glaco holsters for other weapons. My magazine pouch is a double magazine belt slide carrier Gould & Goodrich 851. The leather has developed a nice shine after years of wear and durability compared to Galco. Finally, we have the gun belt. Mine is a 1.75" special order belt from Thebeltman.net. A G30 with two extra magazines will hurt your body if done wrong. There are belts and there are gun belts. If you want to carry it every day, get it. From Thebeltman.net Gun belt.I have three years on my arm and my back is fine.

Back to the pistol. As you can see from the photo my G30 is obviously not fully stock. The only change/upgrade I made was the Storm Lake aftermarket barrel. Since most of my reloads are lead, I want a standard gun to eliminate any thought of potential hazards involving polygonal guns and the dangers of lead bullets. Except for the barrel, what you see is everything you've seen before. Sight stock, original mag release, ejector, extractor, trigger, fire control group, all original. Most of the wear is concentrated on the breech face and the inside of the slide. The G30 is my all-purpose gun. I train with it, practice concealed carry draw, point shoot, plink, compliment, and carry all the time.

For the greatest asset: firing pistols. This is a smooth shooting 45 if there ever was one. Six years after my first impression, I still feel the G30 is an excellent example of pistol balance. If it looks right, it is. Well, the Glock is borderline ugly but it feels...so...right. I have fired other Glocks and pistols but I will always hold the G30 in high regard for ease of shooting.

Ultralight Base Pad For Glock Pcc 9mm 30/31/33 Round Oem Magazines

While my example runs almost all factory ammunition without fail, I have noticed a tendency to occasionally hiccup on reloads. This is usually because the bullet is sitting out a little further to reduce lead. Reloaded 25+ times resulted in unusually chewy case rims in brass. The reliability of the Glock design is well known. Most of the handful of failures I've had with my particular pistol can be accounted for by reloading. An example of a gun strangulation on factory ammunition was Christmas Eve, 2014. I made it through most of the rainy day with 220 rounds on steel. I encountered five separate instances of the slide locking on a partially full magazine. To be fair, it was raining, magazines were thrown into mud pits, and there was a considerable amount of gridlock in action throwing dirty magazines into the gun all day. And that's after the dirt with a 140 round lead load. The factory ammo causing the problem is the Remington 230gr. JHP (L45AP7). This shows that any gun can fail with poor ammunition and environmental conditions.

But a few failures beyond 15,000 or so is not too bad. The Glock 30SF is the most tested and rated firearm I have ever handled or will ever handle for that matter. While it may not be the best gun around, I'm used to the heft and like how it shoots. There are thirty rounds of 230gr. Even the JHP Golden Sabers at my immediate disposal were no obstacle. And if I ever stop packing 30 I'll probably never stop palling with it. Some defense pistols double as range guns for fun. So for a trip to the range, steel in the woods, or groceries at the local Stop'n Rob, look into the Glock 30SF. Better yet... pick one up.

Glock 30 magazine pouch, glock 42 magazine holster, glock 43 magazine holder, glock 30 with glock 21 magazine, glock 21 magazine holder, magazine pouches glock, glock 30 round magazine pouch, l5awm 30rd magazine translucent smoke, 30 glock, glock magazine stickers, glock 19 magazine holster, glock 30 magazine holster